Business Development Manager
We are looking for an energetic & ambitious Business Development Manager with a goal to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships and partnerships with clients. The role is to identify new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability, and support the business to grow within the Scotland and Northern England Regions.
Established in 1981, Ferrier Pumps has grown to become a major force in the world of pumps and associated equipment, providing a wide range of services to an extremely broad and varied client base. With three offices situated in Scotland; Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen we have the ability to service a customer base that stretches from the Shetland Isles all the way down to the North of England. Ferrier Pumps provide full back up repair and maintenance coverage for the products, equipment and services we supply and install. Ferrier Pumps have a wide client base which ranges from Agricultural, Oil & Gas, Marine, Biogas, Brewing & Distilling, Water & Power Leisure, and Food Processing.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Managers to develop sales operations in line with company strategies and business objectives.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Work with the Group Marketing team on brand and service deliverables.
- Liaise closely with the external sales team, to ensure cross-region communication of market knowledge, ideas, successes and where appropriate, to adopt common approaches across the company.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Develop new products and services, including detailed market strategies and pricing plans
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these needs
- Forecast sales targets and make sure they’re met
- Write reports and make presentations to customers and management team
- Participation/co-ordination of conferences, presentations, seminars, exhibitions, etc
- Adhere to company Standard Management Systems
- Comply with company policies and QHSE directives
A mechanical or environmental engineering qualification preferable.
- Experience of working with public water utilities and knowledge of framework procurement practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- Experienced sales management skills.
- Senior level negotiation.
Ferrier Pumps offer a competitive package, with excellent benefits, which include a company vehicle and company pension.
Full time permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday